Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Check-In Glitch: Unable to Retrieve Boarding Pass on Mobile App

nexusiceland
Explorer C

I hope this finds you well. I'm currently experiencing an issue with the check-in process using the Southwest mobile app. When attempting to check in for my upcoming flight, I encounter a glitch preventing me from retrieving my boarding pass.

I have followed the usual steps, entered the required information, and reached the final screen where the boarding pass should be displayed. However, the app seems to freeze at this point, and I'm unable to access or download the boarding pass.

I've tried restarting the app, checking for updates, and even reinstalling it, but the issue persists. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with the mobile check-in process, specifically with retrieving the boarding pass?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Check-In Glitch: Unable to Retrieve Boarding Pass on Mobile App

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@nexusiceland wrote:

I hope this finds you well. I'm currently experiencing an issue with the check-in process using the Southwest mobile app. When attempting to check in for my upcoming flight, I encounter a glitch preventing me from retrieving my boarding pass.

I have followed the usual steps, entered the required information, and reached the final screen where the boarding pass should be displayed. However, the app seems to freeze at this point, and I'm unable to access or download the boarding pass.

I've tried restarting the app, checking for updates, and even reinstalling it, but the issue persists. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem with the mobile check-in process, specifically with retrieving the boarding pass?

Hello:

As a fellow passenger, there have been some prior reports on this customer-to-customer forum of other travelers running into technical errors related to the Southwest App when they try to check in, make changes to reservations, or purchase flights. It appears you're not the only one.

Are you able to log into the Southwest Website from your mobile device and check in/retrieve your boarding pass from there? You should be able to download it to your device from there. That would be the best alternative.

As a worse case scenario, if you still have trouble, you should be able to use your confirmation number and name to retrieve a paper copy of the pass at a Southwest kiosk at the ticketing counter at the airport.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@nexusiceland wrote:

Try going on and off of the wifi/cellular?

Then as mentioned by the other poster the mobile website is actually very full featured and can do this as well. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

oosman
Explorer C

Maybe there is a glitch. Don't know.. Try activating and deactivating the wifi