Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Disabled passengers

Sshoey
Explorer C

I recently traveled with my mother in law who cannot walk by herself.  We got her a wheelchair and when it was time to pre board the wheelchair's were lined up and then about 10 or 15 people got ahead of the wheel chairs and they boarded the plane and took all the front seats.  This happened twice so I am assuming that the walkers pre boarding passengers board first.  This makes no sense to me! So you have a passenger that can't walk on her own and you have to help her to the fifth row hoping she doesn't fall.  I would think that would be a major safety situation that Southwest would not want to happen.  I would hope that someone would look into this policy and make some changes.  When I asked the flight attendant if they would ask if someone would move for her they said they couldn't!! Then a man in the second row was saving a seat for someone else and when they boarded in regular boarding he gave them the row.  Absolutely ridiculous I've been flying Southwest for many many years and have been a frequent flyer but this kind of opened my eyes to their boarding process.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Disabled passengers

dfwskier
Aviator A

bot much??