Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do A list passengers can use the TSA Precheck line

Ash333
Explorer C

NO not at Santa Anna Airport in California. I tried and they made me go back to the end of the general boarding line.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Do A list passengers can use the TSA Precheck line

Munsingerjc
Adventurer C

Hey there! A-list is through southwest and not through TSA or the respective airport so unfortunately, the answer would be no. Although, you still get special security lanes in select airports. It depends on the airport you are traveling through, as some have it and some don't. What you want to do is either ask a Southwest Employee at the airport where the "premium passengers" lane is, or just navigate to it yourself! Different airports have different locations of them. My home airport is Denver Intl, and we have a premium passenger lane located on bridge security and south security. So it really just depends on the airport for your special A-List boarding😉

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Munsingerjc wrote:

Hey there! A-list is through southwest and not through TSA or the respective airport so unfortunately, the answer would be no. Although, you still get special security lanes in select airports. It depends on the airport you are traveling through, as some have it and some don't. What you want to do is either ask a Southwest Employee at the airport where the "premium passengers" lane is, or just navigate to it yourself! Different airports have different locations of them. My home airport is Denver Intl, and we have a premium passenger lane located on bridge security and south security. So it really just depends on the airport for your special A-List boarding😉

It might also be called "Priority lane" or "Fly By" if it is branded for Southwest.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

floridaguy
Aviator C

A-List is a program administered by SOUTHWEST AIRLINES

Precheck is a program administered by TSA 

Much like Mercedes builds the vehicle but British Petroleum refines the gasoline for the vehicle.  

They are separate entities operating within a common ecosystem.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Ash333 wrote:

NO not at Santa Anna Airport in California. I tried and they made me go back to the end of the general boarding line.

Hello!

I haven't used SNA for a long time but as all the other users posted, A-List does not grant access to the PreCheck Lane.

I checked around the internet for SNA pics and found that some showed the Priority Express Lane labeled as "1st Class, Premium" which I think would be your lane. Do you recall seeing such a lane? If so, I believe that would be the Priority Express Lane that any A-Listers as well as Business Select and Anytime passengers can use regardless of PreCheck status. I would doublecheck with a SW Customer Service Agent but this appears to be your lane if you use SNA going forward.

By the way, definitely consider getting PreCheck if you're eligible or even Global Entry if you're thinking of doing any international travel which would include land border crossings to Mexico or Canada.