Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Folding Wagon

olyviablock
Explorer C

I am flying alone with my toddler soon, and I was hoping to fly with our Wonderfold Wagon W2 Elite. I didn't know if it was too big and I needed to get something smaller, or if I could gate check it when we board. I also didn't know if I needed to buy a cover for it, or if I can just gate check it without a cover. Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Folding Wagon

dfwskier
Aviator A

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@olyviablock wrote:

I am flying alone with my toddler soon, and I was hoping to fly with our Wonderfold Wagon W2 Elite. I didn't know if it was too big and I needed to get something smaller, or if I could gate check it when we board. I also didn't know if I needed to buy a cover for it, or if I can just gate check it without a cover. Thank you in advance!

I don't think a cover is ever required for gate checking items but it would be up to your preference if there ended up being some scuffing or if a cover would help keep it collapsed and safe during handling.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Ewolfe1921
Explorer C

Hi I will be flying with 3 kiddos in May. Hoping to use our wagon. Did you have any issues?

olyviablock
Explorer C

We did use it when flying and we didn’t have any issues at all! He had to get out during TSA and they ran their test on the wagon for reside and such, but other than that, we had absolutely no issues!