Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

How is A-List Preferred check in order determined

abbeynormal
Explorer B

We all know to check in 24 hours ahead, but as A-List Preferred you are "already" checked in.  How is the order determined? 

For example, you are the first one to make a reservation for a flight as business select.  Does that mean you are A1? 

Or you make a wanna-get-away reservation, and as the first one to make the reservation, are you A16?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How is A-List Preferred check in order determined

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I believe it ranks on seniority amonst the A-list group...

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

epcot
Adventurer C

I don’t think they’ve ever officially revealed, but the easiest for WN to calculate is likely status tier, then fare group (possibly using the underlying fare classes), then time of ticketing. This prevents having to make any external calls to a CRM or such

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@epcot wrote:

I don’t think they’ve ever officially revealed, but the easiest for WN to calculate is likely status tier, then fare group (possibly using the underlying fare classes), then time of ticketing. This prevents having to make any external calls to a CRM or such

Maybe they could do a quarterly update to everyone's "ranking" I agree it would be an effort to poll the system every day for those positions.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@abbeynormal wrote:

For example, you are the first one to make a reservation for a flight as business select.  Does that mean you are A1? 

This part is known, yes.

@abbeynormal wrote:

Or you make a wanna-get-away reservation, and as the first one to make the reservation, are you A16?

This one isn't clear, time of purchase may be a big factor, ALP vs AL may be a factor, but we don't know if it also includes the fare class or other weighting.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.