Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Online Check-in Clock diesn't record the coreect time

jdjtampa
Explorer C

For now my fourth time in the past month, I have diligently waited for the precise time of my next day departure and clicked Check-in seconds after the official national atomic time says I am within the 24-hr window.  I had several witnesses watch me attempt to check in for my latest flight seconds AFTER the 24-hr pre-flight departure time, and AS USUAL, received the website notice that I was not within the 24-hr window.  Within a 10-15 seconds, I am able to finally check in, and every time BLEEPING time, I end up deep in group B, which is frankly impossible.  I know darn well that 60+ people are not faster than I am nor purchasing early bird check-in on EVERY flight.   I am about ready to say goodbye to Southwest Airlines, despite being on the cusp of my requisite A-List preferred 25 flights in a calendar year.  You need to get this figured out, and standardize your servers correctly to the official time.  You're about to lose a long-time frequent flyer if you dont.  I am SICK of this.  FIX IT!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Online Check-in Clock diesn't record the coreect time

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

While the clocks may not match up as you'd hope they would, keep in mind that getting a B position at exactly 24 hours prior does not mean that 60 people beat you right at that moment. A1-15 are reserved for Business Select tickets and  those positions will go unused if not sold to BS passengers. A-List, A-List Preferred, and EarlyBird passengers are next, automatically assigned a boarding position 36 hours prior to departure. Then that leaves people like you who do manual check in 24 hours prior. It's very possible the people who get an automated check-in take up all the A and the majority of the B positions. 

If you are close to earning A-List I'd suggest you continue so you can enjoy the benefits of automatic check-in. Loyalty and status matters with Southwest and all other airlines. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It's very common now to receive a B position even after paying the EarlyBird Check-In fee.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

If your flight is a continuing flight, you also will be behind people that originated earlier but get to check in for all of their legs at once, those passengers may be checked in a few hours before the 24-hour mark.

For flights that originate with your flight this won't be a contributing factor.

I agree with the other poster, if you are close to A-list get it! Having the automatic check-in is a huge relief, plus then you can also board at position "A61" during times when you get a poor position for whatever reason (last minute changes, standby, etc.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@jdjtampa

We do have a lot of folks who are serious about checking in right at that 24-hour mark, but nevertheless, I'm sorry that the boarding pass situation has been frustrating. We do have some great options available - Early Bird, becoming an AList (and it sounds like you're close!), or upgraded boarding, which is available at the gate. 

Your business is important to us, and we don't want to see you go. While we don't have any plans to change our unique check in and boarding situation, please know that we're always listening to Customer feedback and looking for ways to improve your experience.