Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

If you have an iPhone 11 or newer and are at Concourse C in Denver Airport and have the time

Utopia5124
Explorer C

Hello,

I lost an airpods pro 2nd gen type c magsafe case at Denver airport, Concourse C. I can see with find my that its last certain location is where I left it. I filed reports with both Southwest Denver Baggage lost and found and the Denver Airport lost and found, and have been checking every day to see whether they have my item, to no avail so far. I don't think it was taken because I know no one has tried to use it and it's general location is still the Denver airport. I can see it pinging in bluetooth LE mode every few minutes at all hours of the day, so I know an iPhone user or users are nearby. My guess is it is in the trash or a dumpster somewhere, but I need help to confirm that. 

If you have an iPhone 11 or newer and are able to help, I can reach out and share the airtag location with you and hopefully you can use precise finding to determine where exactly the case is.

Here are pictures: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUYG3AM/A/magsafe-charging-case-usb%E2%80%91c-for-airpods-pro-2nd...

6 REPLIES 6

Re: If you have an iPhone 11 or newer and are at Concourse C in Denver Airport and have the time

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Utopia5124 wrote:

Hello,

I lost an airpods pro 2nd gen type c magsafe case at Denver airport, Concourse C. I can see with find my that its last certain location is where I left it. I filed reports with both Southwest Denver Baggage lost and found and the Denver Airport lost and found, and have been checking every day to see whether they have my item, to no avail so far. I don't think it was taken because I know no one has tried to use it and it's general location is still the Denver airport. I can see it pinging in bluetooth LE mode every few minutes at all hours of the day, so I know an iPhone user or users are nearby. My guess is it is in the trash or a dumpster somewhere, but I need help to confirm that. 

If you have an iPhone 11 or newer and are able to help, I can reach out and share the airtag location with you and hopefully you can use precise finding to determine where exactly the case is.

Here are pictures: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MUYG3AM/A/magsafe-charging-case-usb%E2%80%91c-for-airpods-pro-2nd...

When did you lose it? Maybe a screenshot of the location that you see.

If it is in the garbage then you'll need some help from the facilities team. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: If you have an iPhone 11 or newer and are at Concourse C in Denver Airport and have the time

Utopia5124
Explorer C

It was in front of gate c35, but I had people look and it doesn't appear to be there now. I took them out right before I got up to stand in the boarding line and when I was putting them back in my pocket it must not have made it in there, or slipped out. I lost it Friday afternoon, Dec. 15th. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Utopia5124 wrote:

It was in front of gate c35, but I had people look and it doesn't appear to be there now. I took them out right before I got up to stand in the boarding line and when I was putting them back in my pocket it must not have made it in there, or slipped out. I lost it Friday afternoon, Dec. 15th. 

Sorry to hear that. It probably got swept up the first day and was taunting you from a ghost status for a few days.

The cases are funny I'm not sure under what conditions they are updating. Seems to be less active than an airtag if someone did grab it and carry it off I'm not sure if you get a ping in the same way if they aren't connected to one of your own devices, you just get last known location (last known by you, not someone else).

In the meantime, maybe turn this on to get an alert if it happens again:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/102414

I have this turned on also in case someone grabs my carry-on by mistake (or not mistake) and my devices start moving without me.

Utopia5124
Explorer C

I had that on, I think I lost it too close to the aircraft and put my phone in airplane mode too early for it to make a difference.

>Sorry to hear that. It probably got swept up the first day and was taunting you from a ghost status for a few days.

Basically. 

>The cases are funny I'm not sure under what conditions they are updating. Seems to be less active than an airtag if someone did grab it and carry it off I'm not sure if you get a ping in the same way if they aren't connected to one of your own devices, you just get last known location (last known by you, not someone else).

I do get pings the moment I turn on notify when found, but that's just bluetooth LE. It's in lost mode so it would ping if someone tried to use it, or charge it.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Utopia5124 wrote:

I do get pings the moment I turn on notify when found, but that's just bluetooth LE. It's in lost mode so it would ping if someone tried to use it, or charge it.

The airplane mode is a complicating factor for sure.

Did you also turn in a lost and found just in case the scenario was that you got on the plane and put in airplane mode, and then lost the case onboard?

Utopia5124
Explorer C

When I got off the flight I was able to ping it and see the live location. I should have dealt with it immediately but I just put in a lost and found with southwest and assumed that would be enough. It stopped updating location about 18 hours after I left it, but until then it was saying it was at Denver airport near c35.