Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV the assigned seating and hoping for premium seating in forward cabin

Dfwguy
Explorer A

Been flying SW for 40 years and LUV the new assigned seating. Frankly, SW let the boarding process get out of control with the abuse by the wheelchair and family boarding crowd.  Greatly hoping SW makes the forward cabin premium seating too. I'll gladly pay for it.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: LUV the assigned seating and hoping for premium seating in forward cabin

jksobonya
Aviator A

It's highly likely this is what they will do, in my opinion, but everything remains to be determined.

Having assigned seating will eliminate *a lot* of drama. Nearly all "complaint" posts on this board, besides pandemic-related stuff, has been all about saving seats and pre-boarding. All of that is going to be eliminated with assigned seating.

--Jessica 

bballflyer
Frequent Flyer B

Curious if  you previously would pay for A1-15 upgrade or for Business Select to get that included?

Dfwguy
Explorer A

Absolutely! I have and do. And have been asked by entitled folks to 'switch seats' countless times (I decline and then endure their hostile insults and wrath). Can you imagine buying tickets for a Concert or Broadway show and trolling rows closer to the stage asking to switch seats? The number of entitled, spoiled pax flying now is ever growing and ridiculous