Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Pre-board confusion

mykalbra
Explorer C

I just took a full flight a couple of weeks ago and I am getting more frustrated with the pre-board rules. I'm not complaining about the seating situation because I don't mind the no assigned seats, but the abuse of the pre-board situation or the lack of the ticket agent enforcing the rules is outrageous.  We had about 4 people in wheelchairs (that boarded with their entire family) and about 3 families with at least 1 small child, no military, but Southwest has something new call "Need more time" boarding. WTH!! Me and my husband had B32 and B36, so after all the A's boarded and the B's got in line, B1 through B30 had about half of the people in line and we had 4 people on the B31 through B60.  All the c's were still sitting down. That's over 40 pre-boards already on the plane. Grant it some probably would have been on before us but what about this new "Need more time" boarding.  I hope they move to assigned seats and it will cut out people cheating the system.  Just know there was not one person who needed the wheelchair after we landed. There were 4 wheelchairs waiting.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Pre-board confusion

N82EZ
Adventurer B

If you look at the history this subject has been beaten to death and SWA has pointed towards it's a federal law to not discriminate in the boarding process. Welcome to the "miracle flights" that require fewer wheelchairs upon arrival.