Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Why offer boarding upgrades if you cannot conduct this over the app or online?

travelsince
Explorer C

I have been using SW airlines for work travel to Arizona since 2008. I have never been able to upgrade my boarding pass and finally I am frustrated. I called customer service and had to repeat my question more than once because they were not actively listening.

Instead of calling SW and providing feedback i will simply make Delta airlines my preferred airline. Their app is super easy to use and I can always upgrade without taking 1hour of my life to talk to a SW airlines rep

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why offer boarding upgrades if you cannot conduct this over the app or online?

dfwskier
Aviator A

I don't know what kind of upgrade you are trying to do. At Southwest there is only one  upgrade possible: to A1-A15 boarding spots (if available) and you can do that yourself starting 24 hour before departure time.

Re: Why offer boarding upgrades if you cannot conduct this over the app or online?

bballflyer
Frequent Flyer B

I just did this today via the app;  If you are not able to do it I would guess it is because there are no upgrade spots available;  There are only 1-15 and business select gets these seats, if any are left over then they are available for upgrade via the app, 24 hours in advance.  I f you purchase a business select seat then you would not have to upgrade and would be in postion 1-15