Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Preboard scam needs addressed

airbornnne1
Explorer B

@@Southwest stop the rampant fraud in a few steps.

1. all Preboard row 6 and back only unless they also possess A1-15 board rights

2. stop allowing additional people to join them early.

these few step would keep you legally compliant, cut Preboard frauds by 80% and make business select worth more than a lousy drink cupon

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Preboard scam needs addressed

dfwskier
Aviator A

@airbornnne1 wrote:

@@Southwest stop the rampant fraud in a few steps.

1. all Preboard row 6 and back only unless they also possess A1-15 board rights

ILLEGAL by federal law -- one cannot treat preboarders differnetly than regular passengers

2. stop allowing additional people to join them early.

So disabled people who ned help would be banned from getting help ... really?

these few step would keep you legally compliant, cut Preboard frauds by 80% and make business select worth more than a lousy drink cupon

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

I'm going to say it again.... you have a seat on the plane AND are not disabled (mentally or physically).  You should be thankful for both.  

Take a deep breath, enjoy the day and the fact that you have the luxury to be able to fly to your destination.  There are many in this world that cannot afford to do so.

This world needs more compassion instead of entitlement. 

airbornnne1
Explorer B

A bit presumptive eh?? I am over 70% disabled and unlike most of the fraudsters pre boarding can prove it. The difference is I have morales….. I have a seat on the plane because I bought it, and bought the more expensive flight to get a good seat because I have stuff to do…. Enter fraudster pre board scam…. 

JameGumb
Explorer C

Nobody is complaining about those who need to preboard. The complaint concerns those who are taking advantage of the situation. I am happy that you have found a sense of zen and are willing to let people walk all over you. Not all of us subscribe to your philosophy.

airbornnne1
Explorer B

1. Your wrong disabled people are welcome to board with group assigned to their ticket. Pre board isn’t a federal right… southwest is allowed to place any restrictions on a boarding designation they like… nice try though. Disabled persons ple can’t be treated differently because of their disability.  Boarding group is not a “protected class”

they would have plenty of help. Agents help now today. 

jksobonya
Aviator A

There's no "scam" or "fraud" with the way Southwest does preboarding. 

--Jessica

airbornnne1
Explorer B

I agree 100% it’s the POS  fraudsters that take advantage of federal law which creates a barrier to south wests ability to call out scammers because they can’t “ask”

so they stay compliant and remove the “benefit” to waste of life fraudsters while still allowing truly disabled people the extra time they need to board first….

JameGumb
Explorer C

I am glad that you missed law school the day they taught law. Otherwise, you'd be a killer litigator.

JameGumb
Explorer C

Do you strenuously object?