Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Seat saving

buzzchris
Adventurer B

yes, she was preboarding.   My question too: Was she disabled? apparently not if she made such a idiotic statement.  My wife remembers pushing herself to the front of the preboarding line of people, but..behind me. I had a cervical neck brace on and a walking cane. Maybe she didn't want to "push" it.   Hello Gate Agents!!

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

oh man!  my response would have been to sit right next to her. LOL 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Contact Southwest and obtain a complete refund.  In addition, file a complaint with the US Department of Transportation.  Southwest needs to take people who save seats and have them removed from the plane.

Where is the flight attendant?

This is a Southwest problem.  

floridaguy
Aviator C

I would propose the following announcement before each flight:

As a reminder to all passengers, Southwest has a policy of open seating and all unoccupied seats during boarding are available to you.  Should another passenger limit your choice of seats by claiming that they are saved or otherwise dissuade you from making a seat selection, the individual limiting your choice will be asked to exit the airplane and their ticket will be cancelled without a refund or credit.  We want everyone to enjoy flying Southwest and respect the open seating policy.

bec102896
Aviator A

Since your not planning to use your voucher I’m sure i can find a good home for it