Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Technical Glitches in Mobile Boarding Pass App

sindhuagarwal
Explorer C

I'm currently at the airport, and I've encountered a issue with the airline's mobile boarding pass app. It seems to be experiencing technical glitches, preventing me from accessing my boarding pass and important flight information. I'm curious if anyone else is facing similar challenges at the moment or has recently.

If you have any insights into potential solutions or workarounds, please share them. Additionally, let's use this space to discuss our experiences with mobile boarding passes and how we can navigate technical issues in real-time.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Technical Glitches in Mobile Boarding Pass App

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@sindhuagarwal wrote:

I'm curious if anyone else is facing similar challenges at the moment or has recently.

If you have any insights into potential solutions or workarounds, please share them. 

I understand that anything related to IT can unexpectedly go out "at the moment" which could lead to trouble if the mobile boarding pass fails to load upon boarding the plane. Because of that, I take a number of proactive measures. Sometime after the 24 hour mark prior to departure:

1. I'll log onto the App, view the Boarding Pass and select the option to save the screenshot of it so that the image is stored locally on the device and can be accessed in case there's trouble with the internet signal or Southwest App when it's time to board the flight.

2. I'll also log into the website and also download the Print version of the Boarding Pass. If I have access to a printer, I'll also print the paper copy; otherwise, if I don't have access to a printer, I'll use my confirmation number to print a copy of it at the Airport kiosk on travel day.

When I board (and whenever TSA asks for it during the ID check process at the TSA checkpoint), I typically use the print version and have had no problems. However I always have the digital one saved in the event the paper one gets lost or the barcodes cannot be read by the scanners.

Re: Technical Glitches in Mobile Boarding Pass App

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sindhuagarwal wrote:

I'm currently at the airport, and I've encountered a issue with the airline's mobile boarding pass app. It seems to be experiencing technical glitches, preventing me from accessing my boarding pass and important flight information. I'm curious if anyone else is facing similar challenges at the moment or has recently.

If you have any insights into potential solutions or workarounds, please share them. Additionally, let's use this space to discuss our experiences with mobile boarding passes and how we can navigate technical issues in real-time.

You are welcome to post here on any applicable topic including that one - it doesn't look like you happened to catch anyone in real-time on this trip but hopefully it all worked out and you were on your way with a smooth trip.

I would suggest if you didn't try all this already to turn off wifi in case you are picking up the airport signal but not logged in, or another network. 

Then also force quit the app and restart. 

Verify your login information was remembered and/or log out and log back in. 

Last advice is to take a screenshot of your pass or download to your phone's wallet so that you have an archive of it without needing the app (or internet at all).

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.