Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Water for formula

TonPer
Explorer C

I will be traveling with my 11mo who uses formula but only takes it warm. Am I allowed to travel with a thermos of water?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Water for formula

dfwskier
Aviator A

No, TSA will not anyone enter an airport with more than a collection of 3.5 ounce (max) bottles.

You can probably l get a FA to give you a cup of hot water and a cup of cold water which you could then try to mix to get the correct temp.,

Munsingerjc
Adventurer C

Hey there! So unfortunately TSA can be very picky about this. They will allow liquid formula through with special screenings but I completely understand that dry formula mixed with water only lasts so long! I traveled recently with my 2 nephews, one being a 9mo old and on formula as well. What we did was bring the powdered formula and an empty thermos. We then went to a coffee shop post-security and asked them to fill up the thermos with hot water. Although since coffee shop hot water is super hot, we had to mix it with cold/room temp water to cool it down a bit. Once you board, especially with Southwest, Flight Attendants are always happy to provide cups of hot water as well! Hope this helps 😉 

Travel Agent - Homebase DEN

rich1954
Adventurer A

Frozen water can be brought though TSA.