Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Amazing crew flight 1671 SAN-SJC 11/7/23

nefcc
Explorer C

IMG_7865.jpeg

 Rarely do you get to see such a noble gesture from flight crew these days. Sitting in the aisle, I suddenly lost my right ear bud, a fairly expensive one. Tried for a few minutes in vain. Brandy, the flight attendant was not new to this situation. She comforted me immediately. The team took special efforts after the passengers disembarked, found it elsewhere from my seat, gave it back to me waiting outside, to my utter surprise and gratitude.  They even made the next set of passengers wait to board before the flight continued on to Boise, while searching for it. Thank you Southwest!  Thank you Brandy and team🙏

1 REPLY 1

Re: Amazing crew flight 1671 SAN-SJC 11/7/23

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@nefcc wrote:

 Rarely do you get to see such a noble gesture from flight crew these days. Sitting in the aisle, I suddenly lost my right ear bud, a fairly expensive one. Tried for a few minutes in vain. Brandy, the flight attendant was not new to this situation. She comforted me immediately. The team took special efforts after the passengers disembarked, found it elsewhere from my seat, gave it back to me waiting outside, to my utter surprise and gratitude.  They even made the next set of passengers wait to board before the flight continued on to Boise, while searching for it. Thank you Southwest!  Thank you Brandy and team🙏

Great to hear this!

Based on my experience, both ground and flight Southwest staff are really good about accommodating passengers who accidently leave items on the plane after they deplane but immediately notice it upon walking into the terminal (e.g. On one of my recent flights, somebody left their earbuds on the plane when they deplaned. Since passengers are not allowed back on once they leave, the Gate Ops agent instead came aboard and alerted the FA's of the lost item. The FA's, made an announcement to the next set of passengers to look for a pair of earbuds in the seatback pocket and to push the call button if found...they were found and the Gate agent returned the earbuds to their rightful owner).

Since this forum is customer-to-customer, would you forward your compliment in an email to Southwest Customer Service so they can process it:

www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

Safe and happy travels!