Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Delayed Flights

sisgur
Explorer C

On June 12th I flew to Chicago from San Diego via Las Vegas.  I had not flown on Southwest since before the pandemic.  I will chose not to going forward unless I have no other choice.  We boarded the plane on time but sat on the plane for over an hour before we took off.  The flight attendants told us that they did not have any staff to load the bags onto the plane.   I arrived over an hour late to Chicago.  I had hoped to have a smooth flight home but that was not the case.  On June 16th I had a direct flight back to San Diego.  Our flight was delayed due to a delay in the aircraft arriving from Baltimore.  Upon our boarding, we then sat without departing for over half an hour to allow baggage from a connecting flight to be loaded onto the flight.  We arrived after midnight.  So both times my flights were delayed due to baggage that needed to be loaded.  Sitting on the plane without take off for an hour is not my idea of a good time.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Delayed Flights

floridaguy
Aviator C

Contact Southwest directly and request a LUV voucher for your trouble.  If they don't have anyone to handle the baggage, they are going to have to reduce the number of flights  This is solely a Southwest operations issue and your concerns are valid.

bec102896
Aviator A

30min- an hour is nothing these days every airline has delays. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

While I would agree with you, the other side of the argument is why bother posting departure and arrival times if there is not going to be accountability?

Yes, you are correct.  However, one of the top measures of any airline is the number of on-time arrivals and on-time departures.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

.  However, one of the top measures of any airline is the number of on-time arrivals and on-time departures.  

and yet the feds only measure on time arrivals / cancellations