Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

HELP!!! My Apple iPad 9 with IOS 17.5.1 Wont play Southwest inflight Entertainment! Why?

Peakcelln
Explorer C

I have an iPad 9 with newest updated sw and it still wont play Southwest Inflight entertainment. My Android phone plays it fine. I will get the SW Wi-Fi working, and get into the inflight app. I can even scroll thru all the movies and TV stations; but when I press on any of them, nothing happens. I think all my settings are good, but maybe I'm missing something? I think I remember it working a while back, but not in last 2 yrs or so. Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Re: HELP!!! My Apple iPad 9 with IOS 17.5.1 Wont play Southwest inflight Entertainment! Why?

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Peakcelln wrote:

I have an iPad 9 with newest updated sw and it still wont play Southwest Inflight entertainment. My Android phone plays it fine. I will get the SW Wi-Fi working, and get into the inflight app. I can even scroll thru all the movies and TV stations; but when I press on any of them, nothing happens. I think all my settings are good, but maybe I'm missing something? I think I remember it working a while back, but not in last 2 yrs or so. Any suggestions?

Greetings:

You mentioned your OS software is current which should be at version 14.0+ or higher. You've stated yours is at 17.5.1 which should be good. Southwest also specifies to play movies or on-demand TV for iPad, the Apple Safari browser is the supported browser. Music and Live TV can be played with Safari or Google Chrome on the iPad as supported. See:

https://www.southwest.com/inflight-entertainment-portal/

(scroll to the bottom of the page to the 'What Kind of Device do I need' FAQ.

Please confirm you're using Apple Safari when you try to play the movies or on-demand TV. Also VPN's such as Apple Private Relay may conflict with the portal. Please confirm any VPN's are turned off.