Re: I injured myself exiting a Southwest aircraft

dchennel0487
Explorer C

Yes

jksobonya
Aviator A

@dchennel0487 wrote:

No one refused to help me because there were no employees there to assist. We literally let ourselves off the plane. 

Well, 99.9999% of the time that's how it works. Flight attendants don't generally assist people off of planes to my knowledge unless you are deplaning via wheelchair (and I would be so interested to know how they got off the plane in this situation). Everyone else  normally deplanes themselves. Obviously exiting a different way is a different situation, but still, is "assisting" deplaning passengers something a flight attendant would generally do? I would argue it isn't, really, unless once again you *ask* for help. 

--Jessica

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

@dchennel0487 wrote:

No one refused to help me because there were no employees there to assist. We literally let ourselves off the plane. Not going to debate if you weren't on the flight. Thanks. 

@dchennel0487 I am so sorry to hear the details of your trip and sincerely regret that we weren't able to make it a much more positive experience, especially since you were essentially traveling with four little ones. As a Customer to Customer forum, we are not equipped to assist you here on The Southwest Community, but if you will respond to my private message with your confirmation number, I am happy to reach out to our Customer Relations Department for a status update on their response to your case. 

Nicole
Community Manager

dchennel0487
Explorer C

Thank you.