Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In Praise of Liz Kim

GregWolff
Explorer C

I was stowing my bag on flight 943 today when I realized I did not have my leather jacket, and told my wife so (perhaps using an expletive).  Flight Attendant Liz Kim overhead me, asked where I had been sitting, and called the pilot, who went to the gate and looked for my jacket.  Ms. Kim asked it I had left it at the TSA checkpoint, which caused me to remember that I had taken off my jacket and put it on the conveyor belt and forgotten to retrieve it (it's hard to be 71 years old).  Ms. Kim told me to call lost and found in San Diego when I got to San Francisco.  I thanked her and resigned myself to the reality that I probably would not see my jacket again.  I was wrong.

A few minutes later, Ms. Kim was walking down the aisle holding my jacket aloft.  I'm not sure how she did it.

That jacket was important to me, but what impresses me it that it was important to Ms. Kim.

This can be an unkind world.  Acts of kindness like Liz Kim's should be recognized and applauded.  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: In Praise of Liz Kim

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@GregWolff wrote:

I was stowing my bag on flight 943 today when I realized I did not have my leather jacket, and told my wife so (perhaps using an expletive).  Flight Attendant Liz Kim overhead me, asked where I had been sitting, and called the pilot, who went to the gate and looked for my jacket.  Ms. Kim asked it I had left it at the TSA checkpoint, which caused me to remember that I had taken off my jacket and put it on the conveyor belt and forgotten to retrieve it (it's hard to be 71 years old).  Ms. Kim told me to call lost and found in San Diego when I got to San Francisco.  I thanked her and resigned myself to the reality that I probably would not see my jacket again.  I was wrong.

A few minutes later, Ms. Kim was walking down the aisle holding my jacket aloft.  I'm not sure how she did it.

That jacket was important to me, but what impresses me it that it was important to Ms. Kim.

This can be an unkind world.  Acts of kindness like Liz Kim's should be recognized and applauded.  Thank you.

Great story, Greg!

Kudus to Liz Kim and your flight crew! Would you do them all a kind favor. Your nicely written praise published to this Customer-to-Customer forum will certainly be read by other readers but may not be processed by Southwest staff. Would you copy & paste your praise into an email directly to Southwest so that it can be processed. The contact form is linked below:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

Feel free to do the same for the TSA staff too:

https://www.tsa.gov/contact-center/form/compliment

LUV hearing stories like this, especially at my home airport at SAN.

Re: In Praise of Liz Kim

GregWolff
Explorer C

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did do that.