Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Inflight Live TV

dianeconger
Explorer C

Has anyone noticed a change to the live inflight TV channels? I was disheartened to see MSNBC replaced with the Hallmark channel and gone are the mindless, but good time wasting movie channels. Disheartened is possibly an understatement. On yesterday's flight, Saturday, it was 2/3rds football games (nothing against football, but...) and switched between HGTV and CNN, ok, maybe Shark Tank. Is it just me, or have there been changes in the channel lineup?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Inflight Live TV

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I haven't seen this issue, but would definitely recommend sharing feedback via Contact Us below, or by DMing the airline on social media!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

dianeconger
Explorer C

I tried posting on X, FB and Threads each time I flew, which was several times weekly. They responded with apologies on X, I just get annoying responses from my 'friends' who don't watch MSNBC on FB, and zero response on Threads...sorta gave up complaining, which is what's expected. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dianeconger wrote:

Has anyone noticed a change to the live inflight TV channels? I was disheartened to see MSNBC replaced with the Hallmark channel and gone are the mindless, but good time wasting movie channels. Disheartened is possibly an understatement. On yesterday's flight, Saturday, it was 2/3rds football games (nothing against football, but...) and switched between HGTV and CNN, ok, maybe Shark Tank. Is it just me, or have there been changes in the channel lineup?

There are a lot more of the recorded TV shows available now, maybe that helps offset the loss.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

daphneroscoe
Explorer C

I noticed and t's quite frustrating.  I fly a lot and I choose SWA because I can watch MSNBC.  I'd like to know why its been removed.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@daphneroscoe wrote:

I noticed and t's quite frustrating.  I fly a lot and I choose SWA because I can watch MSNBC.  I'd like to know why its been removed.

I bet that SW knows how many people watch each of the live channels. So I assume it was removed because not enough people watched it to justify keeping it.

That's what happens on broadcast TV too. If too few people watch a show, it gets canceled.

MauiLMT
Explorer C

Yeah, I’m really displeased by this, especially when they keep Fox News and it’s propaganda. I’ve submitted comments on the feedback area, link above the channel menu on left- on every flight. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@MauiLMT wrote:

especially when they keep Fox News and it’s propaganda. 

I don't think I;ve ever seen a clearer explanation of why someone would be unhappy to see MSNBC go.  LOL!

thegratefuldad
Explorer C

I am in-flight right now - #855 to Dulles - and, after watching a VERY GOOD movie (Past Lives), I went to LIVE TV to watch MSNBC -- GONE! So I went to the COMMUNITY FORUM (where I would never venture) to REGISTER MY COMPLAINT - please bring back MSNBC ASAP. You kept FOX NEWS (which is totally F*CKED) and not a more reasonable and accurate cable news channel. What's with that? I LOVE SWA! I could go on about my positive customer experiences, but this is really bad news, stinks very badly, a real turn-off that makes me turn of your in-flight entertainment + When I went to join and post on the forum, it required my email verification which I cannot do in-flight without purchasing internet which I never do because it's so bad (again, one of my few complaints about the airline). Please, bring back MSNBC and I will not complain about the internet. Thanks, Doug Gertner 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

You should edit your post to remove your personal information, anyone can see these posts as it is customer to customer.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.