Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Kindle Fire 10 and inflight entertainment

lisalaunchpad
Explorer C

I haven't seen anything recent online so I wanted to ask. We are flying soon and don't want to bring our laptops. I have a new Kindle Fire 10 and was hoping I could use it for movies. Does anyone know if this is now possible? Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Kindle Fire 10 and inflight entertainment

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@lisalaunchpad wrote:

I haven't seen anything recent online so I wanted to ask. We are flying soon and don't want to bring our laptops. I have a new Kindle Fire 10 and was hoping I could use it for movies. Does anyone know if this is now possible? Thanks!

Greetings!

This forum is customer-to-customer comprising of your fellow travelers. It appears that there is no official support published for the Kindle Fire device but it may be able to function. Keyword is may.

Technical Requirements (See last FAQ for supported devices)
https://www.southwest.com/inflight-entertainment-portal/

As a workaround to ensure you have entertainment to watch during your flight, I would do this: If you have a paid subscription to any of the other major movie streaming sites including Amazon Prime Titles, Netflix, Hulu, etc, these services generally allow their paying users to download content for offline use as a benefit that can be used for flights. Same can be said for any purchased YouTube movies or any regular YouTube videos with a Premium subscription. I would explore and utilize this option to ensure you have content to watch for your flight so you're not stuck in a limbo should your device not connect to the inflight entertainment portal.

If anybody else reading this has been able to use the SW Inflight Entertainment Portal with an Amazon Kindle device, would you let the original poster know of the experience. Thanks!

Hope this helps!