Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Really Poor Judgement

DanG
Explorer C

Had an absolute awful experience on Thursday night coming back from Nashville. As Southwest doesn't have an easy access feedback portal, I will make the problem known here.

Flight was delayed, whatever reason, so we were already running an hour late. We get boarded and a passenger has to get up and go to the bathroom to get sick. At this point it becomes very obvious this guy is beyond intoxicated. It draws attention of the crew, they have him grab his stuff and pull him off the plane. At this point, everything is being handled as it should.

For whatever reason, we are sitting there, after a total of another 25-30 minute delay, they bring this passenger back on the plane. We take off, he passes out. Now he is falling over into the aisle so they address it and get him out of the aisle. Problem with that is he is awake now. He starts getting sick, fortunately they thought ahead when they brought him back on the flight, they gave him a garbage bag. Unfortunately, they didn't think to open it for him. It was disgusting, disruptive, and irresponsible. The whole plane smelled like vomit.

Speaking of irresponsible, when we landed, this passenger stumbled off the plane, end up in the bathroom of course, but no one addressed how this person was going to leave the airport. For all I know this person drove home.

I have been pretty exclusive with Southwest, I think it is time to start looking at these other options you mention every flight.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Really Poor Judgement

05bardic
Adventurer C

Wow, that's disgusting. I'm surprised they let him back on the plane knowing that he was sick and intoxicated. Please do submit your feedback directly to Southwest. Here's the link: https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Re: Really Poor Judgement

bec102896
Aviator A

I’m surprised they let him back on the plane. 

one thing I will say when you landed and he stumbled off the plane to the bathroom what more did you want the airline to do (throw up isn’t a crime) he got to his final destination of the airport beyond that nothing more to be done it’s like if you get drunk at a bar at home the bar won’t drive you home/ call you a cab or make sure you don’t drive unless you ask them to call you a cab but you would pay (not the bar) sure some bars will go the extra mile but not all. Hopefully that passenger got to his destination safely 

with regards to the delay the best option is to file the complaint online though the contact us link and someone will look in to your flight And get back to you