Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Saint Nick and his helpers

alexa57762
Explorer C

It was a long day taking Flight 1584 from Chicago to Orlando.  The flight had been delayed for over 2.5 hours.  When we disembarked, I left the plane, rode the trolley to the departure and headed to baggage claim when I realized I didn't have my phone.

In a panic, I went to the information check and that person suggested I work with a counter agent.  Niq was the sole agent at that hour and he started the process of telling me the steps of relocating my phone.  He was told to fill out a form online to reclaim the phone from lost and found.  Of course, with no phone I could not do that.

I gave Niq my number and he dialed it several times to see if an employee would answer to no avail.  Niq suggested I get my luggage and he’d reconnect with me at the check-in counter in about 30 minutes, while he continued to relocate the phone.  We met later after I retrieved my luggage and I found out that Niq went away and retrieved the phone. 

I was elated.  Our phones are our lifelines is this day and age.  Like most of us, I cannot do my job with it.  I am so grateful to have run into my very own Saint Niq, who was certainly saved the day.

P.S. I would be remiss not to mention Niq's helpers.  I have a message on the lock screen with my wife's number.  She told me that two people called her to let her know that someone cleaning the plane discovered the phone.  I don't have their names, but know you have incredible people working at Southwest and they are appreciated.20240603_223148.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Saint Nick and his helpers

dfwskier
Aviator A

Since this is a customer forum, it is nice to read about Niq, but you could insure he gets recognition directly fom the airline.''

To do that, Click on "conact us" below to proceed.

Re: Saint Nick and his helpers

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@alexa57762 wrote:

It was a long day taking Flight 1584 from Chicago to Orlando.  The flight had been delayed for over 2.5 hours.  When we disembarked, I left the plane, rode the trolley to the departure and headed to baggage claim when I realized I didn't have my phone.

In a panic, I went to the information check and that person suggested I work with a counter agent.  Niq was the sole agent at that hour and he started the process of telling me the steps of relocating my phone.  He was told to fill out a form online to reclaim the phone from lost and found.  Of course, with no phone I could not do that.

I gave Niq my number and he dialed it several times to see if an employee would answer to no avail.  Niq suggested I get my luggage and he’d reconnect with me at the check-in counter in about 30 minutes, while he continued to relocate the phone.  We met later after I retrieved my luggage and I found out that Niq went away and retrieved the phone. 

I was elated.  Our phones are our lifelines is this day and age.  Like most of us, I cannot do my job with it.  I am so grateful to have run into my very own Saint Niq, who was certainly saved the day.

P.S. I would be remiss not to mention Niq's helpers.  I have a message on the lock screen with my wife's number.  She told me that two people called her to let her know that someone cleaning the plane discovered the phone.  I don't have their names, but know you have incredible people working at Southwest and they are appreciated.

Beautiful story 😊. Thanks for sharing!

As @dfwskier mentioned, be sure to let SW staff know directly either via email or on SW's Facebook or Twitter/X page so that your praise can be processed. Great to see wonderful stories like this on the discussion forums.