Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Samsung S23 Issues with Movies Onboard

Chaz65
Explorer C

I just got a Samsung S23 phone. When I try an watch movies onboard a flight the picture just flickers with black screen. I am able to watch movie trailers fine. Anyone else having this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Samsung S23 Issues with Movies Onboard

Jenntrip
Explorer C

Me too. Have tried multiple browsers and clearing cache. Have tried over and over on multiple flights. I can watch trailers but the movie seems to loop back to restart over and over. Can't watch movies on SW flights on my Galaxy S23. 😞

Chaz65
Explorer C

I did figure a workaround just use desktop site on phone to watch movies. You find that when you click 3 dots upper right hand corner.

AndSoItGoes
Explorer A

It's not )just) your Samsung, others including myself have experienced the same thing, brand of phone/tablet didn't matter.

lvjeff23
Explorer C

Been having the same issues for weeks and now I can't even connect to the internet while on board...

floridaguy
Aviator C

Whether you want to accept this, or not, most platforms are built around an Apple iPhone and when you introduce other brands of products, they simply don't mix well.  The same can be said about automotive diagnostic software as well as home computers and associated hardware.

Years ago I learned that if you are going to have an HP operating system (Hewitt Packard) then all of your equipment (printer, laptop, desktop, etc.) needs to also be HP.  Yes, you can get other components to work, but it isn't worth the constant headache of dissimilar software drivers.

I've used Apple products since my first iPhone in 2014 and never had an issue.  I'd recommend that you do the same.