Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tamara- Flight Attendant on SW2429 to Bham, AL

lovelylorie
Explorer C

I could not wait to share this experience with you. Last night, my family and I flew from Denver (our home) to Bham, AL. My family is experiencing a lot of difficulties but we hide it VERY well. Immediately upon boarding, Tamara greeted my son and I with such a warm and open spirit (little did she know this was exactly what we needed).

She took our order and kindly gave my 10-year-old son a snack bag with goodies in it including wings! She was out of Ginger Ale and gave him a Sprite with a plane sticker on it until she could find him his preferred drink from the back of the plane. This gesture of going above and beyond in kindness deeply moved me because she showed deep care to not only my son but to me as his mother. She made sure he got a Ginger ale and made me a cocktail. 

Her kindness deeply moved me and little did she know her gesture of compassion and care meant the world to me in that moment, when I felt very alone. I am so thankful for Tamara and hope that someone repays her with such tender kindness as she shared with my son and me last night.

Little things really do matter and Tamara does the little things so well! Thank you again, Tamara and SW for making such a great hire in her! Well done!

We thanked her but wanted to thank her publicly.  With sincere appreciate and love, Maddox and Lorie

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tamara- Flight Attendant on SW2429 to Bham, AL

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Feel free to also contact Southwest directly using the information at Contact Southwest Customer Service so they can put the kudos directly in Tamara's file.

This is a peer-to-peer community for fellow passengers so although we can celebrate the great experience we can't do anything directly for Tamara.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Tamara- Flight Attendant on SW2429 to Bham, AL

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@lovelylorie wrote:

I could not wait to share this experience with you. Last night, my family and I flew from Denver (our home) to Bham, AL. My family is experiencing a lot of difficulties but we hide it VERY well. Immediately upon boarding, Tamara greeted my son and I with such a warm and open spirit (little did she know this was exactly what we needed).

She took our order and kindly gave my 10-year-old son a snack bag with goodies in it including wings! She was out of Ginger Ale and gave him a Sprite with a plane sticker on it until she could find him his preferred drink from the back of the plane. This gesture of going above and beyond in kindness deeply moved me because she showed deep care to not only my son but to me as his mother. She made sure he got a Ginger ale and made me a cocktail. 

Her kindness deeply moved me and little did she know her gesture of compassion and care meant the world to me in that moment, when I felt very alone. I am so thankful for Tamara and hope that someone repays her with such tender kindness as she shared with my son and me last night.

Little things really do matter and Tamara does the little things so well! Thank you again, Tamara and SW for making such a great hire in her! Well done!

We thanked her but wanted to thank her publicly.  With sincere appreciate and love, Maddox and Lorie

I love reading stories like this. Thanks for sharing! 😊

I echo @DancingDavidE 

Let the folks at SW know directly too so they can process your praise.