Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Worst pick up luggage experience I have ever had.

CatalinaYulieth
Explorer C

I traveled last Sunday from St Louis to Charlotte. I was traveling with my 3 old month baby. It took me like 2 hours to be able to get my luggage and carseat and stroller. The carrusel kept getting stuck with suitcases. I was supposed to get home at around 9:00 pm. I didn't get home until 12:00 am. and I had to work the next day. It was awful. I want a compensation for the time lost. What do I need to do?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Worst pick up luggage experience I have ever had.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear of your trouble.

You can complain to Southwest directly

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us 

bec102896
Aviator A

You could have always left the airport and picked up your bag the next day if it was late and taking too long. Sometimes things break. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is exactly why so many people stuff the overhead bins with riding lawn mowers, pool tables, utility sheds, tool boxes and so on.  People hate the baggage claim system because it gives problems like this.

If the machine didn't work, then the lazy workers should have brought the baggage out by hand.  

Ask for a partial refund of your flight.

bec102896
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

This is exactly why so many people stuff the overhead bins with riding lawn mowers, pool tables, utility sheds, tool boxes and so on.  People hate the baggage claim system because it gives problems like this.

If the machine didn't work, then the lazy workers should have brought the baggage out by hand.  

Ask for a partial refund of your flight.

Calling employees, lazy because a Baggage belt breaks is silly grow up! 

The employees are busy trying to get other flights bags before they all pile up and get even more of a delay. If they all go and start grabbing bags one by one from behind the scenes, it would take even longer than a group of two or three people trying to fix the baggage belt. 

Isn’t your home airport MCO? So would you call all the workers lazy for not bringing bags up during a thunderstorm or immediately after the thunderstorm ends? Guess what it takes time to catch up after a weather delay, as well as after a mechanical issue with the belt, in some airports, they have to call the actual airport maintenance team since the belt is owned by the airport