Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Adding profiles to App

ALyman
Explorer C

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to be signed in to multiple accounts (i.e. Rapid Rewards) on the app, so that I can see the totals of everyone and purchase flights together using points. Right now, I am signed in as myself. I want to add my young child's and husband's account so I can purchase tickets with their rapid rewards as well, but stay on one reservation. As of now it seems I have to sign out and log in as each person to purchase the tickets with points, which then, puts us all on a different reservation? What do you guys think? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Adding profiles to App

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@ALyman wrote:

Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to be signed in to multiple accounts (i.e. Rapid Rewards) on the app, so that I can see the totals of everyone and purchase flights together using points. Right now, I am signed in as myself. I want to add my young child's and husband's account so I can purchase tickets with their rapid rewards as well, but stay on one reservation. As of now it seems I have to sign out and log in as each person to purchase the tickets with points, which then, puts us all on a different reservation? What do you guys think? 

Your observation is correct - each person will have to be logged in to purchase their ticket with points individually.

In order to get people on one reservation see if one of the accounts has enough points to book the others - booking multiple people from one account will solve the issue.

If the points don't quite go far enough but you have two different accounts that can pay half the points, book one-way tickets so that one account can buy three tickets one way and then the other main account can buy three tickets back.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

One supplement:

Don't transfer points, it's very expensive to move points around, and there's no need to do that - anyone can use their points to book a ticket for someone else so in most cases the original point holder can just do the booking rather than transfer points to another account.

The only time transferring makes sense if you don't have enough points in an account to book a flight and need to top off. Same strategy for buying points - only if you need to add a few points to reach a target amount to buy a ticket. Otherwise it isn't cost competitive with just buying a flight with the same amount of cash.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LenoraHasting
Explorer C

Thank you for the advice sir, I will keep it in my mind.

When searching for someone to help me with my assignment This website offers professional essay writers for hire to complete my work on time, saving me from academic stress. If you also need assistance with writing your thesis within a tight deadline, I highly recommend using this reliable service.