Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass

reraisepot
Explorer C

I opened a Chase Premier card in November to get the 75K bonus points. My December 8 statement shows I already hit the minimum $3K spend target and that I’ve earned the 75K bonus miles. When will these post to my RR account and did I screw my self for 2024? I only had 25K points prior so this 75K would only get me to 100K for 2023.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Companion Pass

dfwskier
Aviator A

The 75k points from your 12/08 statement will hit your RR account in 2023. So unless you find a way to earn lots of points this year (think hotel bonus points), you’ll miss out on CP.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

This nails it!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

The 75k points from your 12/08 statement will hit your RR account in 2023. So unless you find a way to earn lots of points this year (think hotel bonus points), you’ll miss out on CP.

That would be three long Business Select fares to earn 30k points, ugh! Check the Rocketmiles.

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/eoy-tier-communication.html

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Willydave
Explorer B

You should receive your bonus points in your account within 8 to 12 weeks after meeting the minimum spending requirement. This means that you should see your points posted by early February 2024. You did not screw yourself for 2024, as you still have plenty of time to earn more points and redeem them for travel rewards.