Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Double Dip on RR Booking?

khlei4
Explorer C

If I use RR points to book a flight, does the flight count towards Companion Pass points? 

When I look at my point history, I see where I’ve earned points for using my credit card and points for flying. I’ve been using my credit card to book the flight so I’m under the assumption I’m getting Companion Pass points for flying and for the credit card spending. 
I currently have 90k points so I’d rather spend 30k of that than spend credit card money but my priority would be to earn the companion pass first. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Double Dip on RR Booking?

dfwskier
Aviator A

RR points flights DO NOT earn either RR points or CP qualifying points.

Re: Double Dip on RR Booking?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@khlei4 wrote:

If I use RR points to book a flight, does the flight count towards Companion Pass points? 

When I look at my point history, I see where I’ve earned points for using my credit card and points for flying. I’ve been using my credit card to book the flight so I’m under the assumption I’m getting Companion Pass points for flying and for the credit card spending. 
I currently have 90k points so I’d rather spend 30k of that than spend credit card money but my priority would be to earn the companion pass first. 

I echo @dfwskier. No double dipping 🙂

If you're looking for Companion Pass-eligible points and you have upcoming hotel stays coming up, Southwest Hotels Points Plus properties are a great source of Rapid Reward points and they do count toward Companion Pass. 

https://www.southwesthotels.com/

Travel Tip: If you go this route, I would pay the extra few dollars and book properties that support free cancellation--just in case 🙂 

SW Hotels Sample.png