Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Eeceived email from "no-reply@communitymail.southwest.com" stating my account was accessed

rkrukowski
Explorer C

The text states:  "It appears that an unknown person learned and used your valid username and password to access your Rapid Rewards account on Southwest‌.‌com. This can happen if you use the same password for multiple online services and one of those services is compromised. To address this, we have deactivated your current password to help protect your account, and you will need to reset your password."

They had links that I inspected, not wanting to select them and go to some unknown page.  The "Book Now" link returned the message "A server with the specified host name could not be found."    The URL "Redeem link" returned a URL "i.luv.southwest.com."  And the URL link for "Buy Points" returned the same URL, "i.luv.southwest.com."

I logged on to my account as I normally would, using my browser and my normal URL, and the same password I've always used, expecting to get a notice my password no longer worked, but it worked as it normally did. I verified that everything was correct.  Reservations and points were all OK.  

Not sure if the sending address is a legitimate one or not, same with the others.  I will change my password but through my normal logon with southwest.com. just to be safe.  The email looks very real as if from Southwest.  I'm just not sure it is.  

Does Southwest have an email address for reporting suspicious emails?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Eeceived email from "no-reply@communitymail.southwest.com" stating my account was acce

bec102896
Aviator A

I’m not sure if I’ve seen that email address before and the text of someone learned your username is not something I’ve heard 

normally I only see an email if a transaction occurs (points redeemed, password changed)

you can always change your password just to be safe but do it from the Southwest website www.southwest.com 

Re: Eeceived email from "no-reply@communitymail.southwest.com" stating my account was acce

dfwskier
Aviator A

It was probably  a spoof.

If you get a nessage like that, NEVER click on any of the links. Instead go directly to the company website and inspect things.