Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highest Points Bonus Offer from Chase that I've seen

dfwskier
Aviator A

Just got an offer for the RR business card in the mail.

60,000 RR points after spending $3000 within three months plus

60,000 more points when spending $15,000 within nine months

If managed properly ($15,000 spent before EOY), you are most of the way to CP with this offer.

I'd be more interested if both the 3 and 9 month windows extended into 2024., but they do not.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Highest Points Bonus Offer from Chase that I've seen

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

WOW! what a deal!! too bad I don't need a business card!

ParSWA
Adventurer B

Dear dfwskier,

Would you mind explaining what you mean when you say, "I'd be more interested if both the 3 and 9 month windows extended into 2024., but they do not."

What I'm specifically wondering is if I don't meet the $15k requirement until February 2024, will I get the 60,000 points award in March or April?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@ParSWA wrote:

Dear dfwskier,

Would you mind explaining what you mean when you say, "I'd be more interested if both the 3 and 9 month windows extended into 2024., but they do not."

What I'm specifically wondering is if I don't meet the $15k requirement until February 2024, will I get the 60,000 points award in March or April?

Sure.

If one is trying to get the 120,000 points to get companion pass, then one has to spend $15,000 in   about 5 months in 2023 -- by the time the Chase December CC statement comes out.

Plus that means the pass would be good for a short bit of time in 2023 plus all of 2024.

Now if both the 3 and 9 months qualifying periods are in 2024, then one has a full 9 months to spend $15000 -- plus the pass would likely be good for a relatively longer period in 2024 plus all of 2025.

edit add: to answer your other question, if you spend $3k in 2023 then you get 60k points in 2023. You get 60k more points when ever you cross the $15k spend threshold within 9 months - and you would get them in either 2023 or 2024 depending on when you cross the threshold.

ParSWA
Adventurer B

Perfect. Thanks for the information. That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm.