Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Jan.8 Temp Companion Pass Issues

Vannah6193
Explorer C

Am I the only one still having issues adding a companion to their upcoming flights? The only communication I’ve received was the congratulations email sent 9/28/23 for the Promotional Companion Pass. As of today (1/8/24 8:56a CST) I currently still can not add my companion and I have an upcoming flight 1/9/24 that myself and my companion are supposed to be on. 

I’ve reached out to Customer Support twice:

1st Representative: Stated that someone will be in touch with me within 5-7 business days. When I explained to her that our flight is for 1/9/24 she said that my Companion would have to purchase the ticket for the flight and then put in a request for reimbursement when the Companion pass becomes available. 

2nd Representative: Advised that I check back in at 10:00am CST at which I would be able to add my companion to my flight. 

We went ahead and purchased an extra flight ticket to avoid any further mishaps in which we had to pay a little over $700 (round trip flight from MDW to MSY) for the inconvenience. 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Jan.8 Temp Companion Pass Issues

Kdiv93
Explorer C

I’m sorry you’re also dealing with this- it’s literally a repeat of last year’s promotion. I just had the last one that was available July-Sept I believe? And we didn’t have this issue so this is annoying. Hope they iron it out soon 😞

Vannah6193
Explorer C
Solution

Update: 

At 9:01am I was able to add my Companion in the app, however I continued to receive error messages when trying to complete the booking myself. So I called Southwest and they were able to successfully add my Companion to my flight. I highly recommend calling in if anyone continues to have issues adding their Companion and completing their booking. 

dshears
Explorer C

I'm  having an issue too, currently on hold but looks like it might not be worth waiting on hold if they told you that.

Vannah6193
Explorer C

I highly recommend calling in if the issue continues to persist. They were able to successfully add my companion to my flight and complete the booking. I hope that’s helpful. 🤞

benish717
Explorer C

I am having the same issues. I spoke with two people this morning one who was not helpful at all. Said she did not know when it would be available for use and that I should contact customer relations...what's the point of calling a customer service line if they can't help?

The second lady was a bit more helpful and said she had created a ticket but to wait until noon and then follow up again. 

I have been able to add my companion into my SW account but just getting the error when I go in to purchase the ticket. When I try to book a new flight, there are definitely seats still available. This is very frustrating and seems like this happens most times with the promotional companion passes.

Kdiv93
Explorer C

I don’t even have the option to add a companion to my account. It shows in my rapid rewards I’ve “earned through 3/8/2024” but like have nowhere to add them on 

Kdiv93
Explorer C

 As of 9:20 I have been able to add the companion but when I go to check out it’s giving me this error 

IMG_2383.jpeg

benish717
Explorer C

I just tried it again online and it worked and is now showing up under my reservation on the app too!

Vannah6193
Explorer C

Nice! I’m glad it all worked out.