Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Kickin' Tail Tickets

scottandrew1973
Explorer C

I just found some Kickin' Tail tickets that I hadn't handed out yet.  There is no expiration date on them.  Can I still give them to employees that go above and beyond?  Is it worth anything to them at this point?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Kickin' Tail Tickets

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@scottandrew1973 wrote:

I just found some Kickin' Tail tickets that I hadn't handed out yet.  There is no expiration date on them.  Can I still give them to employees that go above and beyond?  Is it worth anything to them at this point?

Definitely still worth it for pride - can you confirm if the program is still going for the employees earning physical rewards @cheyenneallgood ?

I and several others had asked for replenishment on these and it wasn't offered, but not clear if any outstanding tickets would still be rewarding other than for feeling good.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cheyenneallgood
Employee
Employee

Great question @scottandrew1973 ! As others have mentioned, the program was halted. That said, as an Employee myself, receiving a KickTail is still a very meaningful thing so if you have them I'd encourage you to still hand them out. 

I'll definitely pass this feedback along to the appropriate stakeholders; I love to see our Customers wanting to recognize our Employees. I appreciate it!

bec102896
Aviator A

I heard the program ended however wouldn’t hurt the employee to pass on to their supervisor and maybe they have a station celebration every so often. 

N82EZ
Adventurer B

Yes, The program has been halted. It has been suggested in the community that they bring it back in light of the "personalities" the crews have had to deal with in the last few years. I too keep one in my wallet and gave one out about a year ago on a flight to Hawaii in which a FA went way over the top to make the flight enjoyable. They took it very graciously but at that time I had no idea that the program had ended; so I have no idea what value it was to them other than a nice "thank you card" if anything else.  I wish they would bring it back as a way for us customers to say thanks in a small and special way to those who truly enjoy their jobs and go the extra mile.