Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Multiple employees with small business Rapid rewards Card

Dunc1000
Explorer C

I have a small business. I have a personal Chase/SWA card, and routinely use it for business purchases, too. I would like to accomplish two things:

1) Have a separate card for business-related purchases, that I would be financially for just like my personal card.

2) for the business card, have the employees authorized to use it get the RR points for doing so.

So I would be financially responsible for all uses, but the RR points could be specially allocated to those using the card.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Multiple employees with small business Rapid rewards Card

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Dunc1000 wrote:

I have a small business. I have a personal Chase/SWA card, and routinely use it for business purchases, too. I would like to accomplish two things:

1) Have a separate card for business-related purchases, that I would be financially for just like my personal card.

2) for the business card, have the employees authorized to use it get the RR points for doing so.

So I would be financially responsible for all uses, but the RR points could be specially allocated to those using the card.

I believe that most arrangements where you are primary cardholder and the others are additional cardholders, the points from spending would go to you - the person that pays gets the points that are based on spending.

You may need to setup separate cardholder accounts in your name, but then supply the RR account of the other person if that's what your goal is - but these would be separate accounts for each person, not additional cards on the main account. You can't get multiple of any one type of Chase RR card, so you'd be limited to one of each "class" of card.

The employees will always get their own RR points from flights - those are tied to individuals who fly, not the cardholder or the payee. But if your goal is that they get the RR points for spending, they probably have to have a separate account for each person.

I'm not sure if the business card(s) would work for this, but I suspect that the points would still go to you as the owner of the account, even for additional cards.

You might need to stop in at your local Chase and discuss with them in person to see what the options are.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Multiple employees with small business Rapid rewards Card

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, Chase does not offer anything like what you're suggesting. The points always go to the primary account holder.

The way some companies do what you suggest is to have the employees open their own credit card accounts, and then reimburse them when they submit their flight receipts as a business expense.