Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Promo mini companion pass

sj23
Explorer C

Can anyone tell me when I will be able to see the "add companion" on a reservation OR if I will receive a notification about earning it?  I'm supposed to fly one way Oct 5 and one way Oct 6 and the pass said it was good for travel Jan 6 to March 6, 2025.  Would I have gotten immediate notification or will that come after I fly the 2nd one way on Oct 6th?  I'm trying to make plans for mid January.  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Promo mini companion pass

melynn44
Explorer A

In my previous experience, you will receive an email a few days after you complete your travel saying that you have earned the companion pass. 

Then, in January, you'll get another email stating that the Companion Pass is now active. 

Re: Promo mini companion pass

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@sj23 wrote:

Can anyone tell me when I will be able to see the "add companion" on a reservation OR if I will receive a notification about earning it?  I'm supposed to fly one way Oct 5 and one way Oct 6 and the pass said it was good for travel Jan 6 to March 6, 2025.  Would I have gotten immediate notification or will that come after I fly the 2nd one way on Oct 6th?  I'm trying to make plans for mid January.  Thanks!

Confirmation comes when you make the flights to qualify.

You won't be able to add the companion until the day that the pass starts, so if you have a flight on Jan 6th book your own flight now and then as early as possible on Jan 6th you can nominate your companion and then add them to flights.

If the flight is January 6th or early enough in the window that you are nervous, book the flight for the companion now with points to hold the spot but remain refundable, then if something happens and you don't make the qualifying flight you will still be covered. (or buy refundable fare.)

Either way you can book your flights now and add companion later.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.