Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Purchasing Business Select and getting points

Manley13
Explorer C

Does the purchase of a business select ticket give the 12x bonus points towards companion pass? If I make the purchase with my SW credit card, are there more points that given that would go to my companion pass? I am close to receiving another companion pass, but I want to make sure that purchasing a business select will go towards my companion points. Thanks! David. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Purchasing Business Select and getting points

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@Manley13 wrote:

Does the purchase of a business select ticket give the 12x bonus points towards companion pass? If I make the purchase with my SW credit card, are there more points that given that would go to my companion pass? I am close to receiving another companion pass, but I want to make sure that purchasing a business select will go towards my companion points. Thanks! David. 

Hi! Yes...Assuming you purchase with a SW Credit Card (or any other form paid entirely with dollars, Southwest LUV Vouchers, gift cards or travel funds, and with no portion of the purchase price paid for with Rapid Rewards points), the 12x TQP Rapid Rewards points from Business Select count toward Companion Pass and Tier Status. Note that the points are given after the whole trip under the confirmation number is fulfilled, not during booking; thus if trying to fulfill for 2023, be sure to book a trip that will be completed by the end of the year.

In addition, the x-points for x-dollars benefit under the SW Credit Card also count for Companion Pass but not Tier status. Those points get posted upon the posting of your billing statement.

Manley13
Explorer C

Thank you for the great answer!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Manley13 wrote:

Thank you for the great answer!

If you use your Southwest Visa then you will also get 1x points for purchases in general, and also 1x points for purchases on Southwest.com specifically, so the Business Select fare will give you 12x tier qualifying points but 14x companion pass / Rapid Rewards points.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.