Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Rapid Rewards Points Redemed for Spotify gift card

JusTime88
Explorer C

Hello,

Reaching out to the community for assistance on a Spotify gift card that is restrictive and is solely exclusive to their premium service. Redeemed points to give the gift card to my college daughter and learnt that the card can not be used as we expected as it is specific to Spotify's Premium Service,  it is essentially a promotion for their best service and we thought it was a gift card for any Spotify purchase. Would have not redeemed points for this gift card if I had know the gift card was limited to only one service at Spotify. Sent and email to Southwest on this issue and had not received a response. Feel I was switched and baited on this and sharing with the community so that someone else doesn't fall into this Spotify gimmick.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Rapid Rewards Points Redemed for Spotify gift card

dfwskier
Aviator A

The only thing you can buy with points at Southwest Airlines iis plane tickets.  

A different organization, More Rewards, allows people to buy things other than plane tickets on SW. You need to compalin to the right company..

https://www.1.awardhq.com/24468SWANCMSWARRNCM  click the link on the bottom of the page.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Wish SWA points worked for hotels/cars too!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ZevSupport wrote:

Wish SWA points worked for hotels/cars too!

Your wish is my command:

https://hotels.redeemrapidrewards.com/?utm_source=southwesthotels.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_campa...

But it is also through a third-party, although different than the More Rewards provider:

DancingDavidE_0-1710266338760.png

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

JusTime88
Explorer C

Thanks for the suggestion but still no response from that organization.  They look to be  swindlers.