Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Rapid Rewards

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Jsmjeff wrote:

Lets hope they award the points, 2 weeks to go for the 8 week time frame. Those points could get me companion for next year.

Thanks again 

The points are double for this period but the qualification window is still open until the end of December so whenever these points his as long as it is this year it will contribute to the CP you are currently trying for. Obviously you would like it sooner to start using it earlier in this year.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CompanionOrBust
Explorer B

@DancingDavidE Friendly FYI, we are referring to a promo that was from 6-1-2023 to 8-31-2023. It is very similar to the one going on now for double CP points but different dates. Since it ended 8-31, we are anticipating seeing the points in the next week or two based on the terms of the deal (points will be posted up to 8 weeks after promotion end).

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@CompanionOrBust wrote:

@DancingDavidE Friendly FYI, we are referring to a promo that was from 6-1-2023 to 8-31-2023. It is very similar to the one going on now for double CP points but different dates. Since it ended 8-31, we are anticipating seeing the points in the next week or two based on the terms of the deal (points will be posted up to 8 weeks after promotion end).

I agree - the earlier the better, I was just saying that since the CP window is open until through 12/31 and you are earning points through other means as well, it won't matter exactly when they post as long as it is this year and at a time when you've earned the other remaining points needed. 

i.e. if the promotional points are 35,000 it doesn't matter when you get them if you don't have the other 100,000 points. Obviously you don't want an open item, they should be posting it as soon as they have it processed everyone is expecting that to happen in the next few weeks since that was what was advertised.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CompanionOrBust
Explorer B

@Jsmjeff extra points posted for me today, Companion Pass achieved!

Jsmjeff
Adventurer C

Yes, I also acheived companion with the points that posted today. Thanks again.