Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Seeking Companion PAss for 2023? Pay attention to New Rapid Rewards promotion: Earn 2X points

dfwskier
Aviator A

EDIT ADD: IGNORE THIS POST AS IT APPEARS THE 2X POINTS DO NOT COUNT TOWARDS CP

It's a great way to get well on your way to CP.

For example, if I book a DAL/CUN roundtrip in Business Select for travel starting tomorrow, I'd get over 26,000 RR points that count towards CP.

Especially if you are doing any BS related travel in the future, you may want to look at cancelling and rebooking your trip. Remember, to get the deal it must be a new ticket. You can;t just change an existing ticket  .

Rules

1) register for the promotion

2) book new tickets by 6/18

3) travel by 10/31

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Seeking Companion PAss for 2023? Pay attention to New Rapid Rewards promotion: Earn 2X points

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Check the small print on that promo, I don't think it counts to CP or tier qualifying,

"Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass® qualification."

I could be mistaken but that's pasted from the promo 

Re: Seeking Companion PAss for 2023? Pay attention to New Rapid Rewards promotion: Earn 2X points

dfwskier
Aviator A

@parpitt1 wrote:

Check the small print on that promo, I don't think it counts to CP or tier qualifying,

"Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass® qualification."

I could be mistaken but that's pasted from the promo 

Well I should have checked that. You are right. Darn

bec102896
Aviator A

Might delete just in case