Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Tier credits earned from credit card

Dickson
Explorer C

Tier credits earned from credit card (spending over $5,000 per month-1500 tier credits) are not added to general points or towards A list preferred...they appear on the drilled portion of the points activity but are not added anywhere else.  I have traded emails with the help center with no success on clarification.

Anyone else having the problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Tier credits earned from credit card

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@Dickson wrote:

Tier credits earned from credit card (spending over $5,000 per month-1500 tier credits) are not added to general points or towards A list preferred...they appear on the drilled portion of the points activity but are not added anywhere else.  I have traded emails with the help center with no success on clarification.

Anyone else having the problem?

That's partially correct - these will show up as Tier qualifying points only in your A-list or A-list preferred progress. Make sure you have the filter set to "TQP" only and not the general points types.

They should also show up in your "tracker" bar chart for tier progress.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Dickson
Explorer C

Thank you.  My TQP show up on drilled down activity but are never applied to General points or towards A List and A List preferred.

Rapid Rewards blames Chase...Chase blames Rapid Rewards.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Dickson wrote:

Thank you.  My TQP show up on drilled down activity but are never applied to General points or towards A List and A List preferred.

Rapid Rewards blames Chase...Chase blames Rapid Rewards.

They aren't supposed to show up as general points, so that's correct.

But they should be counting towards A-list and ALP.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

RKCHOYA
Explorer C

Since these points are not broken out anywhere how do you know they are being credited to your point tracker?