Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Using Rapid Rewards Points and cash to pay for ticket

cactusrose
Explorer C

I just read where it states: "Starting in the spring of 2024, Rapid Rewards Members will have the option to pay for their flight with a combination of cash and points, starting with as few as 1,000 points."   

Does anyone know the date yet when this will happen. ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Using Rapid Rewards Points and cash to pay for ticket

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

At this time the date hasn’t been announced for when you can book cash and points bookings but I’ll be curious to see the value to points like will you get to select the points you want to use and then it calculates the dollars you need to pay (similar to Hilton) or will it be like delta where it’s a set dollar amount for each ticket type plus X points say wanna get away $85 regardless of actual fare plus some points (delta makes bank on people not comparing to actual fares) 

bballflyer
Adventurer C

Yes I was wonder this too.  The exchange is terrible if you use points to book a hotel;  I also read that if you use a combination of points and $$ that the flight won't count toward A status for those who are trying to reach that.

Sehugie
Explorer C

I have checked a couple of times and was told as recently as 4/16 that SW is still anticipating a "spring" launch for this offering but that no date has been announced.