Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2 hours layover in MCO

analu
Explorer C

Hi, I will flight from Costa Rica to Washington DC, but we have a 2 hours layover in MCO, Orlando Airport. Take in a count that we have to do customs and get the bags, and then go to the other flight, my mom is using wheelchair, so I am not sure if that will be ok with the time? We are doing the whole trip with southwest. Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: 2 hours layover in MCO

prathma1
Explorer C

Risky. You will probably have to go through security again which could be the deal breaker since the lines are usually a nightmare. If you have Pre-Check it’s doable - those lines are almost always reasonable. Good luck!

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

You can double check but I believe you clear customs in Costa Rica at the airport before boarding for return to the USA. 

ZevSupport
Aviator C

I'd risky! Good luck!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@parpitt1 wrote:

You can double check but I believe you clear customs in Costa Rica at the airport before boarding for return to the USA. 

I don't think Costa Rica has it yet - Bermuda, Bahamas, and Aruba. 

Southwest wouldn't sell this combination if they didn't think it would work most of the time. 

The wildcard here is if you clear customs in MCO if they let you recheck luggage and have a dedicated access to security re-screening in the international area or if you have to go back to the main lobby in which case the lines can be long.

Maybe @bec102896  have you ever come back to the US with MCO as the gateway? How is the customs and re-screening?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.