Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Adding other travelers' contact info to reservation

NinaWG
Explorer C

Four other adult family members and I are traveling on the same flights to attend a wedding. As a favor to the group, I researched and booked our travel on Southwest, booking all five of us on the same reservation, and now I am the only person listed as the contact person to receive updates from Southwest on the itinerary.

At the time I made the reservation, I was required to give each traveler's name and birthdate and was given the opportunity to add individual Rapid Rewards numbers, TSA Known Traveler ID numbers, indicate any special requests for traveler's assistance, etc., but there was no place to add each individual's cell phone number or email address.

I would really prefer that my fellow travelers would get their own text or email updates on the flights, especially on the day of travel, rather than having to play tour guide for them all. I've been back on the website to access the reservation, and I haven't found anyway to add this information for anyone other than myself.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Adding other travelers' contact info to reservation

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@NinaWG wrote:

Four other adult family members and I are traveling on the same flights to attend a wedding. As a favor to the group, I researched and booked our travel on Southwest, booking all five of us on the same reservation, and now I am the only person listed as the contact person to receive updates from Southwest on the itinerary.

At the time I made the reservation, I was required to give each traveler's name and birthdate and was given the opportunity to add individual Rapid Rewards numbers, TSA Known Traveler ID numbers, indicate any special requests for traveler's assistance, etc., but there was no place to add each individual's cell phone number or email address.

I would really prefer that my fellow travelers would get their own text or email updates on the flights, especially on the day of travel, rather than having to play tour guide for them all. I've been back on the website to access the reservation, and I haven't found anyway to add this information for anyone other than myself.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?

Yes - I recommend they each use an app such as TripIt for their own travel. 

But regarding Southwest, what notifications do you want them to get?

You won't be able to add them for text messages on Southwest, but what you can do is if they each have their own Rapid Rewards accounts they can log into the app on their own and see updates there, as well as push notifications for some activities.

Something like TripIt or App In the Air would be useful though, or several other similar apps.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.