Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Appaled with customer service and false advertisement/booking through hotel booking

kpaca001
Explorer C

We recently booked a hotel for a stay in Glasgow, United kingdom.  When our train was cancelled the day of our reservation and we were unable to reach our destination the customer service was not understanding and less than helpful.   As soon as we found out our misfortune, we called to cancel the hotel through Southwest as the circumstances were outside of our control.  We were anticipating that with the booking being advertised at the time of booking as the Hilton Hotel Grosvenor it would follow their cancellation Policy with my husbands status in their tiered rewards. We came to find out that the hotel was NOT a Hilton and had been for quite some time.   We only book Hilton Hotels as they have great customer service and understanding with circumstances like the one that we were in.   We explained this to the customer service and that their posting and our receipt clearly stated that the Hotel was a Hilton and they wouldn't do anything or help in any way despite the fact that their listing and booking was clearly a lie and misleading.   It's astounding that a company can get away with lying and blame their customers.  Be aware of bookings through Southwest as they will not help their customers and do not care that they are providing false information on the hotels on their website.   

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Appaled with customer service and false advertisement/booking through hotel booking

dfwskier
Aviator A

When you book hotels on the Southwest website you are NOT booking the hotels with the airline. You are booking with booking.com.

If unhappy with the service, you probably should complain to that company.

Re: Appaled with customer service and false advertisement/booking through hotel booking

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@kpaca001 wrote:

We recently booked a hotel for a stay in Glasgow, United kingdom.  When our train was cancelled the day of our reservation and we were unable to reach our destination the customer service was not understanding and less than helpful.   As soon as we found out our misfortune, we called to cancel the hotel through Southwest as the circumstances were outside of our control.  We were anticipating that with the booking being advertised at the time of booking as the Hilton Hotel Grosvenor it would follow their cancellation Policy with my husbands status in their tiered rewards. We came to find out that the hotel was NOT a Hilton and had been for quite some time.   We only book Hilton Hotels as they have great customer service and understanding with circumstances like the one that we were in.   We explained this to the customer service and that their posting and our receipt clearly stated that the Hotel was a Hilton and they wouldn't do anything or help in any way despite the fact that their listing and booking was clearly a lie and misleading.   It's astounding that a company can get away with lying and blame their customers.  Be aware of bookings through Southwest as they will not help their customers and do not care that they are providing false information on the hotels on their website.   

I'm a little surprised if you are high volume Hilton customers that you don't book direct through Hilton to get the cancelation and points benefits. I'm a lot surprised if you have booked through any third-party sites that you would be able to use the Hilton tier benefits, these would have been stated in the booking and not subject to any modification by Hilton. (Or in this case not Hilton.)

I'm all for earning Southwest points but if you are staying at hotels that often, the best value and flexibility will be with hotel points directly.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.