Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Booking EUG to PNS

oautrey
Explorer C

I'm looking for rates from EUG to PNS one way in June on either the 15 or 16.  What am I missing?  I don't see any flights the entire month of June from EUG to PNS.  

I've got one out there on the 8th, so I know Southwest flies there.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Booking EUG to PNS

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Pretty limited number of flights go in to Pennsicola, so coming from the west coast likely causes a connection issues dependent upon the time of day and the time zone difference. SWA also may be shuffling flight times and that contributes to the lack of options too.

Safe Travels

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@oautrey wrote:
I'm looking for rates from EUG to PNS one way in June on either the 15 or 16.  What a...

I've got one out there on the 8th, so I know Southwest flies there.

The issue seems to be the June schedule having trouble getting you out of Eugene in time to get to an airport that can also have a valid connection to PNS before the last flight there.

I know from experience that BNA is the best place to get to for PNS access on the latest flight.

Then also can't seem to find it from OAK which is your earliest opportunity from EUG - need to get further west on your first flight, so among the non-stop flights from EUG we have. OAK seems obviously as it is the first flight, but can't seem to connect with a maximum of two stops.

@oautrey
Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Here's one for the fifteenth:

Flight

• Modify

Thu 6/15
    EUG6:10 AM
    ONT11:10 AM
    5 hr 0 min

Thu 6/15
    ONT11:50 AM
    PNS10:05 PM
    8 hr 15 min

dfwskier
Aviator A

You are dealing with one of two problems:

1) No connecting flights with valid connecting times

2) Southwest's rule that it will not sell a flight with more than one plane change. A stop with one olane is OK, a second stop with a plane change is not.

If in the example above, you are dealing with three stops and 13+ hours of travel time  -- it may be time to fly someone else. I personally would not book that flight.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

You are dealing with one of two problems:

1) No connecting flights with valid connecting times

2) Southwest's rule that it will not sell a flight with more than one plane change. A stop with one olane is OK, a second stop with a plane change is not.

If in the example above, you are dealing with three stops and 13+ hours of travel time  -- it may be time to fly someone else. I personally would not book that flight.

it was still early in the morning but there was a PDX option that was a legal booking if you can catch a shuttle or one-way rental car to PDX. 

Otherwise I don't know if you can leave a day early and build in a layover in either DEN, BNA, DAL, or STL. Or HOU.

oautrey
Explorer C

thank you for that explanation - agree! 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@oautrey wrote:

Sorry that there wasn’t a better answer for you. As the schedule shifts maybe there will be a valid connection through OAK or DEN again in the future. 

Feel free to mark a solution if you are satisfied with the answers. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@oautrey wrote:

Sorry that there wasn’t a better answer for you. As the schedule shifts maybe there will be a valid connection through OAK or DEN again in the future. 

Feel free to mark a solution if you are satisfied with the answers. 

Also for the future keep an eye out on BNA - that's your key to getting into PNS as late as possible. If you can find a no-plane-change (aka "direct") flight to BNA from EUG then it should work and allow you to book it normally.

There is sometimes a MDW-BNA-PNS flight that is no plane change as well, maybe you can get to MDW on one plane change and then take that flight number, no change in BNA, on to PNS.

(I go to PNS 3-4 times a year but mainly in January so I may not be seeing the same schedule that you see.)