Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Business Receipts

LPD155
Explorer C

One very annoying feature with Southwest Airlines is the inability to obtain a detailed receipt when the flight is booked through a 3rd party vendor.  Receipts are only available when booking directly through Southwest.  I travel a lot with the government and forced to use “Concur” to book all travel.  Because of this, it’s always a struggle to get my Southwest Airline receipt for my travel voucher. This is the only airline I know of that prevents obtaining a receipts when not booking direct. My only solution has been to get a receipt from the ticket agent when checking in. Online receipts are not an option!  Again…very annoying. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Business Receipts

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@LPD155 wrote:

One very annoying feature with Southwest Airlines is the inability to obtain a detailed receipt when the flight is booked through a 3rd party vendor.  Receipts are only available when booking directly through Southwest.  I travel a lot with the government and forced to use “Concur” to book all travel.  Because of this, it’s always a struggle to get my Southwest Airline receipt for my travel voucher. This is the only airline I know of that prevents obtaining a receipts when not booking direct. My only solution has been to get a receipt from the ticket agent when checking in. Online receipts are not an option!  Again…very annoying. 

Greetings:

It looks like this subject was brought up a few years ago:

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Travel-Policies/Please-email-us-real-receipts/td-p/85103

It looks like this suggestion was brought to Southwest's staff back then but doesn't appear to have been implemented based on your post. As this message board is customer-to-customer, I would suggest forwarding your suggestion for better integration with the SAP Concur software directly to Southwest Customer Service so that it can be processed as it appears other carriers are able to supply the needed receipts via their self-serve tools:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Hope this helps. For now, I would collect any required receipts booked through Concur from customer service.

LPD155
Explorer C

I will pass this on to customer service. Thank you for the suggestion. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

So, why don'tyou get a receipt from Concur when you make the booking.

LPD155
Explorer C

Unfortunately, the govt does not accept the concur receipts for vouchers, which is stupid crazy. Receipts need to come directly from the vendors (ie…Southwest Airlines).  Still, if Southwest would allow access to those receipts, then problem solved.  All other airlines I fly with have the ability to print receipts, regardless of how they were booked…except Southwest. Very strange. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Do your trips show up in your RR account? If they do, click on the trip and you'll find a print receipt button.

LPD155
Explorer C

Yes, the trips do show up on my RR account. As said earlier, the “print receipt” option is not available. That option is only available for flights that are booked directly through Southwest. There is no remedy…unless Southwest changes/modifies this option. 

fltraveler30
Explorer B

I book through Concur also for work and just went into my RR account under past flights and had the print receipt button for a flight booked through Concur and paid for by my company.  Not sure why it would be consistent.  I can't get the receipt on the phone AP, but it works on a computer / Chrome browser.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I think his problem is that he is nunable to get a receipt before the flight happens.