Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Calendar Download File with Outlook

stewarkt
Explorer C

I wanted to make a comment about the file that is downloaded from a reservation to put on your calendar.. when using Outlook on the Mac, the .ICS file has a few lines that make the calendar entry look like an all-day event, which is really annoying..

I can get around it by editing the ics file directly..  The two lines are:

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:FREE
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:TRUE

The second line should at least be (otherwise why put the flight times in the calendar entry):

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:FALSE

Hopefully someone can get this to the website development team to fix..  couldn't find a good forum to post on..

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Calendar Download File with Outlook

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Great information!  As this is a customer to customer forum it would be great if you would send this directly to Southwest so they can see it.  Use the contact us link below and send a message.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@stewarkt wrote:

I wanted to make a comment about the file that is downloaded from a reservation to put on your calendar.. when using Outlook on the Mac, the .ICS file has a few lines that make the calendar entry look like an all-day event, which is really annoying..

I can get around it by editing the ics file directly..  The two lines are:

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-BUSYSTATUS:FREE
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:TRUE

The second line should at least be (otherwise why put the flight times in the calendar entry):

X-MICROSOFT-CDO-ALLDAYEVENT:FALSE

Hopefully someone can get this to the website development team to fix..  couldn't find a good forum to post on..

That's strange, it downloads normally for me on PC version of outlook.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Sallywaleek
Explorer C

Hey @stewarkt, it sounds frustrating to deal with those .ICS file issues when using Outlook on Mac. Editing the file directly is a clever workaround, but it would be much more convenient if the calendar entry showed the correct times instead of defaulting to an all-day event.