Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceled my Return Flight

Bavanzandt
Explorer C

Southwest canceled my husband’s return home flight stating that he never got on the first flight, but he obviously did. He called support and they said he had to Purchase a return flight home because they can’t prove he got on the first flight. This is obviously a mistake from Southwest. He used his mobile boarding pass to get on the flight and he is currently at his destination. Unfortunately he had to pay to get a flight home. Has anyone seen this before? This is crazy

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Canceled my Return Flight

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Bavanzandt wrote:

Southwest canceled my husband’s return home flight stating that he never got on the first flight, but he obviously did. He called support and they said he had to Purchase a return flight home because they can’t prove he got on the first flight. This is obviously a mistake from Southwest. He used his mobile boarding pass to get on the flight and he is currently at his destination. Unfortunately he had to pay to get a flight home. Has anyone seen this before? This is crazy

Never when the person actually flew.

All that I can think of is that he walked through the scanner and nobody caught it not making a "ding!" noise, or he somehow did the same thing on a different flight to the same destination if he forgot which time his flight was if this was a busy route. 

Any receipts from his time at the airport? When did the notice arrive about no-showing the flight? This would have been good to take care of while he was at the destination airport.

Also did he check a bag? That would help if he has the claim checks. 

Remember the names of any of the FA on the flight?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Bavanzandt
Explorer C

He never got any notification. He noticed when he tried to check in today.   He is still at his destination and he is leaving tomorrow. He plans to go early and talk to one of the agents there before he goes back home. He still purchased a ticket home so he can make sure he gets home tomorrow.  No bags were checked. It was only a two day trip. 

floridaguy
Aviator C

Have Southwest pull the video at the airport gate and it will clearly show that he boarded the plane regardless of whether their scanner read the QR code, or not.

bec102896
Aviator A

You could pull up your Google timeline from the Google maps app if you have the tracking turned on which has everything time stamped on where you were at X and Y time