Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Canceling a flight booked partially with LUV voucher (rest on CC)

ap1618
Explorer C

Hello, 

I booked a flight and paid using a voucher, and the balance by credit card. So far I'm in the <24 hr period. 

I would like to know the answers (if they differ) for before and after the 24hr period:

If I cancel this flight (not re-book/re-schedule) -->

1. do i get the Voucher value back as travel funds?  

2. if voucher value is given as travel funds, and since now travels funds don't have expiration date anymore, would this value have no expiration date, or will this travel fund be a special case and still carry the original expiration date of the voucher? 

3. (If I cancel before the 24hrs, do I get the voucher as travel funds but the CC amount back to CC?)

thank you

1 REPLY 1

Re: Canceling a flight booked partially with LUV voucher (rest on CC)

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@ap1618 wrote:

Hello, 

I booked a flight and paid using a voucher, and the balance by credit card. So far I'm in the <24 hr period. 

I would like to know the answers (if they differ) for before and after the 24hr period:

If I cancel this flight (not re-book/re-schedule) -->

1. do i get the Voucher value back as travel funds?  

YES     

2. if voucher value is given as travel funds, and since now travels funds don't have expiration date anymore, would this value have no expiration date, or will this travel fund be a special case and still carry the original expiration date of the voucher? 

Alll travel funds have no expiration date.

3. (If I cancel before the 24hrs, do I get the voucher as travel funds but the CC amount back to CC?)

YES edit add: but you do have to pick that option when you cancel the ticket

thank you