Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Departure changed to an airport EIGHT HOURS AWAY with no notification?

Disneymom2twins
Explorer C

I'm flipping out.  I just happened to check my reservation timing and our departure flight has been changed to DC, which is 8 hours away from where I live in a good day!  I had flights booked out of NYC! and I recieved NO notice of a change,  I just happened to check.  Now I've been on hold for over an hour trying to get a hold of someone to fix this.  I would think an airline would have maps and a basic understanding of geography!  Furious. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Departure changed to an airport EIGHT HOURS AWAY with no notification?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

All changes should be accompanied by an email notification.  Unfortunately those often go to spam and the automated changes are not always the smartest (as you have discovered).  The best thing for you to do is find a flight that you would like to take instead and request that you be changed to it.  Start a search like you are looking to book a flight, make note of the flight numbers, then request that you be changed.  Since Southwest made the changes they will allow you to make a free change to another flight.

Instead of waiting on hold, send a private message to Southwest on Twitter or Facebook with your confirmation number and the information about the flight you would like to change to.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Departure changed to an airport EIGHT HOURS AWAY with no notification?

jksobonya
Aviator A

My geography may be rusty, but the New York airports and the DC airports are not 8 hours apart. It's closer to 4 hours, *maybe* 5, but still, that's quite a change.

--Jessica